Discover Taipei [No. 107]:A Perfect Blend of Old and New
- 作者： Department of Information and Tourism,Taipei City Government
- 出版社：Department of Information and Tourism,Taipei City Government
Taipei's Transformation Into a LOHAS City
The bright sun of summer is ready to shine on Taipei! At Discover Taipei, we will also continue to illuminate the beauty of this city. Under the leadership of Taipei Mayor Wen-je Ko, the Department of Information and Tourism, Taipei City Government has developed a short-term policy goal referred to as Tourism ABC. 'A' refers to the apps that make tourism more convenient and friendly, 'B' refers to the bus services that make it possible to explore attractions across the city, and 'C' refers to culture, in particular the widespread sharing of culture among the people of the city. Together, these measures can contribute to meaningful travel memories.
Taipei is feverishly preparing to host the 2017 Universiade. When the torch relay for July's Gwangju Universiade arrived in Taipei on May 22 nd , it was warmly greeted by a pair of top athletes who served as torchbearers: weightlifter Kuo Hsing-chun and sprinter Hank Yang.
For readers interested in learning more about Taipei's history, this issue's cover story offers an excellent start by introducing the city's old homes. It explores the century-old Japanese-style hot springs hotels of Beitou, the old U.S. military dormitories at Yangmingshan Shanzaihou, the old homes of Dihua Street neighborhood, and Bangka's Xinfu Market. At each location, a combination of restoration and cultural creativity shows visitors how an old setting can be renewed.
At one time or another, every visitor to Taipei asks what there is to do. We introduce a list of 10 hiking trails on the outskirts of the city that are useful for 'battling the bulge.' Included are well-maintained family-friendly hiking trails at Zhinan Temple, Mt. Qixing, Mt. Wuzhi, and Mt. Jinmianshan, each offering the chance for relaxation and the shedding of excess pounds. In an old section of the city we recommend a tour that includes a typographer, the Museum of Contemporary Art, and small streets and alleys. As you leisurely examine the lifestyles of the masses you can also experience the aesthetic aspects of Taipei. Famed musician Chang Chenchieh shows how to explore Taipei through the five senses and the opening of your heart.
Taipei continues to transform as it moves toward a better future. It blends the old and new in culture, food, and living to spark new ideas and a new urban elegance. We sincerely welcome you to experience the city's unique happiness and beauty firsthand.
- Cover Story(第4頁)
- A Perfect Blend of Old and New New Life for Taipei's Old Homes(第4頁)
- A Lovely Horseshoe-Shaped Building Culture and Creativity at the 80-Year-Old Xinfu Market(第12頁)
- What's New(第14頁)
- Brilliant New Travel Experiences Tourism ABC Makes the World Fall in Love With Taipei(第14頁)
- An Interview With the Mayor of Tegucigalpa Nasry Asfura Calls Taipei an Unforgettable City(第22頁)
- A Modern Day Albert Schweitzer Carlo Urbani: A Love Without Boundaries(第24頁)
- Igniting the Flame of Sports Culture Taipei Anticipates 2017 Universiade With Arrival of Gwangju Torch(第26頁)
- Fun Taipei(第30頁)
- Battling the Bulge: 10 Hiking Trails in Taipei(第30頁)
- A Hipster Tour Through an Old Urban District(第34頁)
- A Heartfelt Journey Through Taipei(第40頁)
- Scenes From Morning Market A Day in the Life of a Fruit and Vegetable Auctioneer(第44頁)
- All About Cuisine(第46頁)
- Cooking With the RDEC Chief Lion's Head Meatballs Bursting With Nostalgia and Flavor(第46頁)
- Taste of Pastoral Poetry Q&A with Yoshihiro Imai(第48頁)
- Fumi Puffed Rice Cakes A Sweet Taste of the Countryside(第50頁)
- Looking for Art(第56頁)
- The Incredible Vocals of Peter Lee(第56頁)
- Conductor Toni Huang Unwinds on Stage(第58頁)
- Taipei Children’s Arts Festival An Unfamiliar Look at Familiar Things(第60頁)
- Travel Information(第62頁)