Crickets are jumping insects. Male crickets make a loud chirping sound by rubbing their forewings together. They do this to attract the females.
Crickets chirp faster when the temperature is warmer.
Crickets live under rocks and logs in fields, grasslands and meadows. Most crickets are nocturnal and omnivorous.
They eat dead insects, decaying material, fungi and young plants.
Their predators include birds, rodents, reptiles, other insects and spiders.
- Science Anecdote : Parent-seeking Tortoise(第4頁)
- Science Yarn : Ducks Waddle(第12頁)
- Let’s Experiment : Observing Photosynthesis(第20頁)
- Science Is Fun(第27頁)
- Test Your Knowledge 1(第27頁)
- Test Your Knowledge 2(第29頁)
- Life Sciences : No Workout After a Meal(第31頁)
- Our Star Of The Month : Fearless Fish Doctor(第35頁)
- Guest Star Of The Month : Winter Melon Carriage(第41頁)
- My Story : Why Do Babies Cry?(第47頁)
- Our Wonderful World : Wind and Wind Generators(第52頁)
- Funny Gags(第57頁)
- Pandas are not Evil(第57頁)
- Crazy Mosquito(第58頁)
- Why Oh Why? A Violin-playing Cricket?(第59頁)