Pre-calculus workbook for dummies
- 作者： by Mary Jane Sterling
- 出版社：John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- 集叢名：For dummies
- ISBN：978-1-119-50880-9 ; 1-119-50880-0 ; 978-1-119-50881-6 ; 1-119-50881-9 ; 978-1-119-50882-3 ; 1-119-50882-7
- 版次：3rd ed.
- 附註：Includes index. "Learning made easy"--Cover.
Get a handle on pre-calculus in a pinch!
If you’re tackling pre-calculus and want to up your chances of doing your very best, this hands-on workbook is just what you need to grasp and retain the concepts that will help you succeed. Inside, you’ll get basic content review for every concept, paired with examples and plenty of practice problems, ample workspace, step-by-step solutions, and thorough explanations for each and every problem.
In Pre-Calculus Workbook For Dummies, you’ll also get free access to a quiz for every chapter online! With all of the lessons and practice offered, you’ll memorize the most frequently used formulas, see how to avoid common mistakes, understand tricky trig proofs, and get the inside scoop on key concepts such as quadratic equations.
Get ample review before jumping into a calculus course
Supplement your classroom work with easy-to-follow guidance
Make complex formulas and concepts more approachable
Be prepared to further your mathematics studies
Whether you’re enrolled in a pre-calculus class or you’re looking for a refresher as you prepare for a calculus course, this is the perfect study companion to make it easier.
- About This Book(第1頁)
- Foolish Assumptions(第2頁)
- Icons Used in This Book(第2頁)
- Beyond the Book(第3頁)
- Where to Go from Here (第3頁)
- PART 1: SETTING THE FOUNDATION: THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF PRE-CALCULUS(第5頁)
- CHAPTER 1: Preparing for Pre-Calculus(第7頁)
- CHAPTER 2: Real Numbers Come Clean(第25頁)
- CHAPTER 3: Controlling Functions by Knowing Their Function(第39頁)
- CHAPTER 4: Searching for Roots(第75頁)
- CHAPTER 5: Exponential and Logarithmic Functions(第95頁)
- PART 2: TRIG IS THE KEY: BASIC REVIEW, THE UNIT CIRCLE, AND GRAPHS(第113頁)
- CHAPTER 6: Basic Trigonometry and the Unit Circle(第115頁)
- CHAPTER 7: Graphing and Transforming Trig Functions(第137頁)
- PART 3: DIGGING INTO ADVANCED TRIG: IDENTITIES, THEOREMS, AND APPLICATIONS (第155頁)
- CHAPTER 8: Basic Trig Identities(第157頁)
- CHAPTER 9: Advanced Trig Identities(第175頁)
- CHAPTER 10: Solving Oblique Triangles(第193頁)
- PART 4: POLAR COORDINATES, CONES, SOLUTIONS, SEQUENCES, AND FINDING YOUR LIMITS(第209頁)
- CHAPTER 11: Exploring Complex Numbers and Polar Coordinates(第211頁)
- CHAPTER 12: Conquering Conic Sections(第229頁)
- CHAPTER 13: Finding Solutions for Systems of Equations(第265頁)
- CHAPTER 14: Spotting Patterns in Sequences and Series(第301頁)
- CHAPTER 15: Previewing Calculus(第315頁)
- PART 5: THE PART OF TENS (第329頁)
- CHAPTER 16: Ten Plus Parent Graphs(第331頁)
- CHAPTER 17: Ten Missteps to Avoid(第341頁)