Memorizing Time and Space through Sound
How much sound between heaven and earth can we hear? The great philosopher Zhuangzi who was born more than 300 B.C. ago, spoke of the “music of man”, the “music of earth” and the “music of heaven” through the heaven gazing Nan-Guo Zi-Qi in article “On Leveling All Things”. The music of man is consist of songs made of pipes and flutes; the music of earth is from wind flowing though mountains and woods. But when speaking of the music of heaven, he only gave an open answer, asking everyone to think about what kind of power is stimulating the sound of everything in the universe. What is the sound of heaven? Perhaps everyone will feel differently at this moment because of their emotions, but there is no doubt that the sound would be deeply imprinted in everyone’s heart and become an eternal memory of this scenery. We can’t use a precise adjective to describe the beautiful sounds in the national parks, just like the music of heaven cannot be defined.
But through this cover story, we hope we can share with you and remember the meaningful nature and culture with you through sound.
- COVER STORY Memorizing Time and Space through Sound(第2頁)
- STORY 01 Walking into a Sound-painted Scenery Record the Soundscape of Earth / Ru-Ling Yu(第4頁)
- STORY 02 Carry Tribal Culture Heritage through Songs Connecting Tribal Memories through Singing / Yueh-Han Yang(第14頁)
- STORY 03 Birdsong Gramophone Broadcasting the Bird Ecology Marching Song at Shei-Pa / Wei-Hong Chen(第26頁)
- FOLLOWING EXPERTS The Past and Present of Lüshui-Heliou A Stroll along the Lüshui Trail / Mao-Yao Lin(第38頁)