From the editor
Chief Contributing Editor
After having taken in all the delights of the big cities of Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and beyond, you need a quiet place to contemplate it all. This issue brings you three such sanctuaries.
From the southernmost inhabited island of Hateruma, we tag along with pastry chef Satomi Fujita as she explores the beautiful island in search of Japan’s most delicate and delicious brown sugar.
All the way up north in Hokkaido, we visit the famous ski resort of Niseko and give you plenty of reasons to visit outside of the powder-snow season to enjoy the areas magnificent nature.
We also visit a traditional onsen hot spring resort in Yamagata that is providing visitors with new ways to enjoy the local landscape.
Finally, restaurant critic Yumiko Inukai takes us to Chiba, as she dines on an Italian inspired feast of only local Chiba Prefecture ingredients at the cosy Ushimaru restaurant.
All in all, an issue we are sure you are going to enjoy.
- Looking for Paradise(第8頁)
- A journey to the southernmost paradise in Japan(第9頁)
- Vacation in Niseko, Hokkaido(第27頁)
- Experience the Sky Scenery of a Renowned Yamagata Hot Spring(第47頁)
- Yumiko Inukai’s New Japanese Restaurant Directory “Ushimaru”(第55頁)