Christmas is one of my favorite holidays! It gives me an opportunity to spend time with family or friends and exchange presents or eat a delicious meal. I also love taking in all the beautiful decorations and singing traditional tunes like “O Holy Night” or “O Come, All Ye Faithful.”
Growing up, my family would gather at my grandmother’s home on Christmas Eve to enjoy a big feast and open presents. And on Christmas morning, I would be so excited to receive more
Now that I live overseas, many of my Christmases look quite different. However, I’ve been blessed with some really good friends. So, this year, I get to spend Christmas here in Asia, where I can still have a big feast, sing some Christmas carols and appreciate the nice decor—enjoying some of the things that go along with this wonderful season—just in a different way.
But, most of all, I can celebrate the birth of Jesus—the real reason we even have Christmas! In this month’s Holiday article, “The Christmas Story” (p. 36), you can read all about the birth of Jesus and discover why it was so significant.
Thanks for joining us over the course of the past year. We hope that the articles and programs have benefited you and that you will continue to join us in 2018!
The Advanced team and all of us at Studio Classroom wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
The definitions in “Vocabulary Focus” are reproduced from Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary, 3rd
Edition (ISBN: 9780521674683) with the permission of Cambridge University Press. All rights in such content are reserved by Cambridge University Press.
Enjoy the season,
- Every Month(第1頁)
- Vocabulary Focus 生字頁(第1頁)
- Vocabulary Focus 生字頁(第2頁)
- Letter From Your Editor 編輯園地(第3頁)
- Bulletin Board 活動告示板(第4頁)
- Radio Schedule 廣播時間(第5頁)
- Feedback 讀者回函(第8頁)
- Translation 翻譯(第46頁)
- Vocabulary Focus 生字頁(第63頁)
- Vocabulary Focus 生字頁(第64頁)
- ENTERTAINMENT Taking Theaters to the Next Level 戲院升級，改頭換面(第10頁)
- LIFESTYLE Staying on the Right Track 步入正軌(第14頁)
- TRAVEL Travel Without a Hitch 一路順風(第18頁)
- NEWS NEWSworthy Clips 新聞剪輯(第22頁)
- FINANCE Sound Financial Advice 明智的理財建議(第26頁)
- PSYCHOLOGY Holding Emotional Boundaries 掌握情緒界限(第28頁)
- ADVENTURE Legoland 非比尋常的樂高樂園(第30頁)
- MEDICAL Epilepsy Breakthrough 癲癇治療的突破(第34頁)
- HOLIDAY The Christmas Story 聖誕節的故事(第36頁)
- SOCIETY The Impact of Social Media 社群媒體的衝擊(第40頁)
- MOTIVATION The New Year 新年(第44頁)