Wulai:a beautiful hotsprings town
- 作者： written by Wei-Jun Zhu and De-Ming Liau , Chief edited by Lou Tian-Gang
- 出版社：Tourism and Travel Bureau, Taipei County
- 集叢名：Bei xian you qu:v. 8 Insight travel guides
- ISBN：978-986-01-8816-5 ; 986-01-8816-5
- 版次：1st ed.
- 附註：Chinese title : 烏來 : 溫泉鄉豐饒織錦
Encounter the Culture, History, and Spirits of Taipei County
In recent years, tourism has become a popular business and which is stimulated by the government, and is also an environmentally-friendly industry that the rest of the world is now constantly developing. We used to think of only beautiful sights when it comes to tourism; now there are historical ruins to attract tourists as well, such as the old streets in Jiufen, the thirteen-layer old coal mine ruins in Jinguashi, the railroad and mine industry in Pingxi and, of course, we can not leave out the hot springs in Wulai. These are all our precious cultural tourism resources.
Since Xi-Wei was elected, I have devoted myself to integrating the tourism resources of Taipei County and am now going to show the best of Taipei County to the world. After Taipei County was promoted to a directly-controlled municipality in October of 2005, we established the Tourism and Travel Bureau so that we can implement a more professional approach to planning and arranging projects.
Wulai Designated Scenic Area, Ruifang Designated Scenic Area and Shifen Designated Scenic Area are the three county scenic areas that are the crucial sites for our present tourism promotion. These scenic areas not only hold abundant natural resources, but also contain long histories. They are definitely worth your time to go and explore. Wandering in the areas will take you backto the past and bring you a sense of nostalgia.
Spectacular sceneries can be damaged if we don’t care for them. The tracks of human history could even disappear over time, just like the gold mining industry in Jiufen and Jinguashi and the old coal mines in Houtong, Pingxi Township. The mines from many years past have been hidden by weeds and the stories of the hardworking miners are gradually being forgotten. We hope to preserve the historical stories of each scenic area through this travel guide and at the same time give tourists the opportunity to encounter the cultures and histories of these places throughout their travels.
Taipei County Government will continuously bring about more flagship tourism plans, including the Jinguashi – Jiufen Cable Car Project, Houtong Coal Mine Ecological Park Project, Shifen County Park Project, Wulai Hot Spring Development Project, as well as many more. We hope to create an environment which is more appropriate for international tourists as well as to promote the local economy and accomplish the political vision of “Happiness, Glamour, Big Taipei.”
- Encounter the Culture, History, and Spirits of Taipei County(第2頁)
- Insights into Cultural Tourism(第4頁)
- First Sight(第7頁)
- See You at Wulai(第8頁)
- Wulai Designated Scenic Area(第8頁)
- The First Encounter(第9頁)
- Discovering Deep and Remote Paths(第14頁)
- Rare Birds Dancing in the Greenery(第20頁)
- Tour of Wulai Culture(第24頁)
- Log Carts Swinging into Mountain and Forest(第30頁)
- Old Street’s Charms(第31頁)
- Retrospective Tour Swinging from Wulai Old Street to Waterfalls(第37頁)
- Textile Art at Rainbow Bridge(第39頁)
- Eat at Wulai(第45頁)
- Hotsprings Map(第52頁)
- Wulai Transport Information(第60頁)
- List of Relevant Information(第64頁)