Weight loss surgery for dummies
- 作者： by Marina S. Kurian, Barbara Thompson, Brian K. Davidson
- 出版社：John Wiley & Sons
- 集叢名：--For dummies
- ISBN：9781118293188 ; 9781118356210
- 版次：2nd ed.
Sixty percent of individuals over the age of 20—or 58 million people in the U.S.—are overweight. As the obesity epidemic continues to grow, many Americans are researching the benefits and complications of weight-loss surgeries. Weight Loss Surgery For Dummies, 2nd edition is the most up-to-date and authoritative guide to understanding the impact of surgical weight-loss before, during, and after surgery. Weight-loss surgery is often an overweight person's last resort, and it comes with many risks, questions, and fears. So how do you know if it's right for you? Weight Loss Surgery For Dummies gives you expert guidance on knowing whether you qualify for the procedures, advice on choosing the best center and doctor, and trusted information on evaluating the risks involved. Plus, it helps you plan to finance the procedure, prepare for surgery, and achieve the best results as you adjust to a new diet and lifestyle post-surgery.
- Table of Contents(第xv頁)
- Part I: Is Weight Loss Surgery for You?(第7頁)
- Part II: Preparing for Surgery(第79頁)
- Part III: The Hospital Experience and Beyond(第115頁)
- Part IV: This Time I’m Going to Make It: Ensuring Success(第189頁)
- Part V: Changing Outside and In(第257頁)
- Part VI: The Part of Tens(第319頁)