At a time when there is a developing ideological gap among generations and a degradation of trust between people and the institution of government, there are concerns whether young people’s political participation activities will continue to radicalize.
This volume in 15 chapters serves as a useful overview of various significant aspects of the new trends of political participation in Hong Kong. Written by a team of experts who have been astute observers of Hong Kong Politics, the book covers a wide spectrum of topics ranging from a conventional understanding of political participation (e.g., the activities of political parties and interest groups) to a more specialized form of participation (e.g., the relationships between government and legislators in policy-making). The study of the rise of new social movements by the Post-80s generation would be of particular interest to those who are keen to comprehend the sharpening inter-generational differences.
There will be a readership among academics and university students. This can also be a valuable reference for the media, policy-makers, or anyone interested in Hong Kong politics.
- Preface ( Joseph Y. S. CHENG )(第xiii頁)
- List of Acronyms and Abbreviations(第xxxiii頁)
- List of Illustrations(第xxxix頁)
- Part I : Participation and Policy-making(第1頁)
- Chapter 1 : New Trends of Political Participation in Hong Kong Joseph Y. S. CHENG(第3頁)
- Chapter 2 : Absorption into a Leninist Polity — A Study of the Interpretations by the National People’s Congress of the Basic Law in Post - Handover Hong Kong Yiu - chung WONG(第35頁)
- Chapter 3 : Ten Years of Political Appointments in Hong Kong — The Challenges and Prospects of Developing a Political Appointment System under a Semi - Democratic Regime, 2002 – 12 Brian C. H. FONG(第67頁)
- Chapter 4 : Participation in the Legislative Council — Changes and Challenges Margaret NG(第105頁)
- Chapter 5 : Public Participation and Sustainable Development in Hong Kong — Issues and Challenges for Policy Design and Implementation Maria FRANCESCH - HUIDOBRO(第139頁)
- Part II : Participation in Politics(第183頁)
- Chapter 6 : Increased Pluralization and Fragmentation — Party System and Electoral Politics and the 2012 Elections Ngok MA(第185頁)
- Chapter 7 : The Stalemate in Political Reform and the Rise of Contentious Politics in Hong Kong Dennis L. H. HUI(第211頁)
- Chapter 8 : Political Participation of Students in Hong Kong — A Historical Account of Transformation Steven C. F. HUNG(第241頁)
- Chapter 9 : Political Participation of the Catholic Church in Hong Kong SAR Beatrice LEUNG(第285頁)
- Chapter 10 : Social Enterprises — From Poverty Alleviation to Social Inclusion and Political Participation Lawrence Y. Y. YUNG(第311頁)
- Part III : The Rise of Social Movement(第345頁)
- Chapter 11 : Hong Kong at the Brink — Emerging Forms of Political Participation in the New Social Movement Daniel GARRETT, Wing - chung HO(第347頁)
- Chapter 12 : Political Participation of the Post - 80s Generation — Their Protest Activities and Social Movements in Recent Years in Hong Kong Calvin H. M. LAU(第385頁)
- Chapter 13 : Hong Kong’s Systemic Crisis of Governance and the Revolt of the “ Post - 80s ” Youths — The Anti-Express Rail Campaign Chor - yung CHEUNG(第417頁)
- Chapter 14 : The Occupy Central Movement and Political Reform in Hong Kong Jermain T. M. LAM(第449頁)
- Chapter 15 : Conclusion Joseph Y. S. CHENG(第483頁)