About This Book
◆ Learn penetration testing techniques with an in-depth coverage of Kali Linux distribution
◆ Explore the insights and importance of testing your corporate network systems before the hackers strike
◆ Understand the practical spectrum of security tools by their exemplary usage, configuration, and benefits
Who This Book Is For
If you are an IT security professional who has a basic knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems, including an awareness of information security factors, and want to use Kali Linux for penetration testing, this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
◆ Develop the Kali Linux environment in your test lab by installing, configuring, running, and updating its core system components
◆ Perform a formal Kali Linux testing methodology
◆ Scope your target with definitive test requirements, limitations, business objectives, and schedule the test plan
◆ Exercise a number of security tools from Kali Linux, logically divided into subcategories of testing methodology
◆ Practice the processes of reconnaissance, discovery, enumeration, vulnerability mapping, social engineering, exploitation, privilege escalation, and maintaining access to target for evaluation purposes
◆ Document, report, and present your verified test results to the relevant authorities in a formal reporting structure
Kali Linux is a comprehensive penetration testing platform with advanced tools to identify, detect, and exploit the vulnerabilities uncovered in the target network environment.
With Kali Linux, you can apply appropriate testing methodology with defined business objectives and a scheduled test plan, resulting in a successful penetration testing project engagement.
Kali Linux– Assuring Security by Penetration Testing is a fully focused, structured book providing guidance on developing practical penetration testing skills by demonstrating cutting-edge hacker tools and techniques with a coherent, step-by-step approach.
This book offers you all of the essential lab preparation and testing procedures that reflect real-world attack scenarios from a business perspective, in today's digital age.
- PART I: Lab Preparation and Testing Procedures(第7頁)
- Chapter 1: Beginning with Kali Linux(第9頁)
- Chapter 2: Penetration Testing Methodology(第51頁)
- PART II: Penetration Testers Armory(第71頁)
- Chapter 3: Target Scoping(第73頁)
- Chapter 4: Information Gathering(第85頁)
- Chapter 5: Target Discovery(第119頁)
- Chapter 6: Enumerating Target(第143頁)
- Chapter 7: Vulnerability Mapping(第189頁)
- Chapter 8: Social Engineering(第233頁)
- Chapter 9: Target Exploitation(第245頁)
- Chapter 10: Privilege Escalation(第283頁)
- Chapter 11: Maintaining Access(第329頁)
- Chapter 12: Documentation and Reporting(第365頁)
- PART III: Extra Ammunition(第375頁)
- Appendix A: Supplementary Tools(第377頁)
- Appendix B: Key Resources(第401頁)