Springtime –Taipei Mountain and River Music
Taipei is one of the few great cities on Earth where citizens have immediate access to bothmountain and river. In spring, when all the world is abloom, day-trips up into the hills to enjoyfloral colors and back down to the riverside to enjoy the impressive scenic vistas there are a oneof-a-kind package. In this issue, themed “Taipei Mountain and River Music, we introduce the trailsof the five mountain ranges that ring this city, head up and down the Tamsui and Jilong rivers thatrun through it, and take you to places, both in the hills and on the flatlands, where you’ll find themost beautiful of the spring-season floral blooms that color Taipei.
In our Taipei Metamorphosis department we throw open the doors to a “new shopping paradise”duo, Citylink (Nangang Store) and Hasdaq Plaza, to the “Taipei’s Streets” exhibition fromDiscovery Center of Taipei, and to the Dihua Sports Park Cross-Dike Viewing Platform. Shopping,sightseeing, or both – new horizons await!
Calligraphy is a Chinese art form millennia old. Want to know about the unique qualities of thecalligraphy brush? In our In-Depth City Culture Explorations piece, we interview a master brushmaker,who teaches the art of choosing the best brush. Then, stepping into our Exploring TaipeiTastes & Gifts gallery, we present you with a sampler of the city’s garden restaurants, where springsunshine is a key ingredient in the delicious experience. And if you’re the sort of person who lovesa sense of design flair in every little practical purchase you make, be sure to spend time browsingthe ingenious gift items we suggest in this issue’s pages, brimming with the warm and clever characterof their local creators.
Over in our Taipei Slow Living unit, we head into the Neihu hills for a day of picking strawberriesat local farms, and introduce you to a colorful element of the city’s “mobile scenery” – its streetperformers – and to its creative trendy hotels, which fill the days of travel-loving folk with the serendipitythey so enjoy. Elsewhere, we let you know about two fun experiences for the whole family:the BIORHYTHM – Music and the Body Exhibition and the Get Rhythm with Paul Klee InteractiveExhibit and Workshop Series, sure to overturn your perceptions on the beauty found in sound anddance art.
This spring, use your eyes to search out Taipei’s sights, nose to discern its aromas, mouth to tasteits freshness, and ears to hear its voice. You’ll find all the myriad elements that make up this uniquecity’s very special spring character are now in full bloom!
- Taipei Focus(第4頁)
- Taipei’s Beautiful Mountains – Exploring the City’s Hilly Surroundings(第4頁)
- Taipei’s Waterways – The Scenic Pleasures of Its Four Rivers(第8頁)
- Spring in Taipei – A Perfect Time to Appreciate Flowers(第12頁)
- Taipei Metamorphosis(第16頁)
- Relaxed, Worry-Free Accommodation in Taipei(第16頁)
- Taipei Two “New Shopping Paradises”(第18頁)
- The Discovery Center of Taipei: Renovation of the “Taipei's Streets” Exhibit(第20頁)
- The Dihua Viewing Platform – A New Viewpoint on Taipei(第21頁)
- In-Depth City Culture Explorations Calligraphy Brushes From a Bygone Era Make a Comeback in Taiwan(第21頁)
- Exploring Taipei Tastes & Gifts(第26頁)
- Taipei Garden Restaurants in Springtime – Good Taste, Good Times(第26頁)
- Warmth and Personality – Taipei Cultural-Creative Gift Ideas(第30頁)
- Taipei Slow Living(第34頁)
- Spring in Taipei Means Strawberry-Picking in Neihu!(第34頁)
- Taipei's Roaming Street Performers(第38頁)
- Taipei’s New-Wave Hotels: Great Accommodation With Something New(第42頁)
- Taipei Folk, In Their Own Words(第46頁)
- Liu Zheyu: Giving Taiwanese the Motivation to Travel, One Backpack at a Time(第46頁)
- Oqba Al-Homoud: Bringing a Touch of Jordan to Taipei(第48頁)
- The Red Cliff: Taiwan-Inspired Folk Rock(第50頁)
- How to Talk to Taipei(第51頁)
- Taipei Designing Cutting-Edge Taiwanese Design Stands at the Forefront of International Exhibitions(第52頁)
- What's New in Taipei Arts(第56頁)
- Light to the Homecoming – 2015 Treasure Hill Environmental Art Lantern Festival(第56頁)
- Get Rhythm With Paul Klee – Appreciating the Beauty of Dance Movement in Art(第58頁)
- The Musician That Dwells in Our Body – Overturning Perceptions of Sound(第60頁)
- Taipei Events Guide(第62頁)
- March – April Arts Exhibition Calendar(第62頁)
- Airport Transportation, Taipei Visitor Information Centers, Maps, and Other Practical Information(第64頁)
Taipei City Government is pushing Taipei forward into the 21st century. Since September 1997, the Department of Information and Tourism has published an English bimonthly magazine—'Discover Taipei.' The magazine's goal is to furnish foreign residents and visitors worldwide with complete information about Taipei City. 'Discover Taipei's contents highlight Taipei's history, culture, customs, artistic events, daily goings-on, as well as her relationships with other cities.