The Akhal-Teke is a horse breed from Turkmenistan, where it is considered a national emblem.
The Akhal-Teke stands at a height of between 147 and 163 cm.
These horses are famous because they have a golden buckskin or palomino colour with a distinctive metallic sheen.
The breed is tough and resilient. It has adapted to the severe habitat of Turkmenistan, where horses have to live without much food or water. This has also made this particular breed good for sports.
emblem: a thing serving as a symbolic representation of a country
resilient: able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions
sheen: smooth and gentle brightness
- ZOOM IN The Snowy Owl(第4頁)
- HOT TOPIC Stop Drinking Fizzy Drinks!(第6頁)
- EARTH & SPACE The Leaning Tower of Pisa(第11頁)
- SCIENCE & Technology What’s That Nice Song?(第17頁)
- MATERIAL WORLD Artificial Jellyfish(第23頁)
- PSLE Format Quiz: HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW YOUR SCIENCE?(第33頁)
- SCI-FI COMIC Conservation of Electricity Can Save The Earth(第37頁)
- SPORT SCIENCE The Banana Kick(第44頁)
- SCIENCE PROBE Tokens of Love Between Kingfishers(第49頁)
- PHENOMENAL SPECIMEN Cherries or Cherry Blossoms?(第57頁)
紙本書 NT$ 90