Did you know that there is a hot dry desert in North America known as ‘The Death Valley’?
There is a strange phenomenon that occurs in the Death Valley National Park. The rocks in this valley can slide by themselves slowly, leaving trails on the floor of the dry lake beds.
Racetrack Playa is a flat and dry lake bed. The surface is covered with mudcracks and the sediment is made up mainly of silt and clay. So far, there is no explanation for this phenomenon. Nobody has actually witnessed the migration of the rocks yet.
- ZOOM IN : Butterfly Fish(第4頁)
- HOT TOPIC : A Paper House That Does Not Topple(第6頁)
- SCI-FI COMIC : Taste Buds(第11頁)
- MATERIAL WORLD : Sofa From Ty res(第22頁)
- SCIENCE IS FUN : It’s Frozen(第27頁)
- SCIENCE INFO : Solar Headphone Radio(第29頁)
- HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW YOUR SCIENCE?(第33頁)
- Earth & Space: Halley’s Comet(第37頁)
- PHYSICS WORLD: Solaris Power Umbrella(第44頁)
- SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY: The Carnivorous Robotic Lamp(第49頁)
- SCIENCE News: Giant Centipede(第57頁)
紙本書 NT$ 90