Guitar Exercises For Dummies includes over 300 exercises along with lots of technique-building practice opportunities. It starts off with warm-up exercises (on and off-instrument) and then logically transitions to scales, scale sequences, arpeggios, arpeggio sequences, and chords, with a focus on building strength and consistency as well as refining technique. Concluding each section is a brief musical piece for the reader to try. Within each section, readers practice correct hand and body posture and experience variations such as fingering options and hand positions as appropriate. Readers practice incorporating other facets of musical performance in their exercises as well, such as tempo, time signature, phrasing, and dynamics. Supportive text is limited by providing only need to know information about practicing scales, chords and arpeggios in the context of specific skills and techniques.
- Table of Contents(第xi頁)
- Part I Preparing to Practice(第7頁)
- Part II Scales and Scale Sequences(第19頁)
- Part III Arpeggios and Arpeggio Sequences(第89頁)
- Part IV Chords and Additional Exercises(第171頁)
- Part V The Part of Tens(第207頁)
- Appendix How to Use the CD(第213頁)